I. Duration of WarrantyI. Duration of WarrantyFor SCHMIEDL products, the following deadlines apply:
For the leakproofness and solidness of castings and turned parts and their processing – 7 yearsFor high-gloss chromium-plated metal surfaces – 7 yearsOn all non-high-chromium-plated surfaces (e.g., colored surfaces) – 1 yearFor mechanics – 1 yearFor plastic parts, shower hoses, wear parts – 6 months
II. Warranty and guarantee period
The warranty period begins with the date of purchase. Replacement or repair for reasons of warranty does not extend the original warranty period. Any extension of the warranty of the seller, according to the Consumer Protection Act, does not extend the warranty period.
III. General and Conditions
SCHMIEDL guarantees to the end customer that the products supplied by SCHMIEDL are free of material and manufacturing defects for the above period after the date of purchase. Prerequisites for claiming the guarantee are:
1. the proof of the purchase date
2. proof of assembly by authorized assembly personnel
3. the products of SCHMIEDL are owned by the original purchaser
4. the sending of the defective products to the main plant of SCHMIEDL in Hall in Tirol
Once a defect has been identified, the guarantee claim must be claimed immediately. In the case of obvious defects (eg. damaged surfaces), the guarantee claim must be claimed within 8 days of the date of purchase.
IV. Content and coverage
The warranty covers perfect function, processing and surface coating. SCHMIEDL undertakes to repair or replace the product at its own discretion if SCHMIEDL has been informed within the warranty period in the case of a defect that is covered by the warranty. The replacement is carried out either with a new or as new product if this has at least equivalent function and character. Excluded parts or products become the property of SCHMIEDL. If SCHMIEDL can not repair or replace the product, the customer will be refunded the purchase price for the product within a reasonable period after notification of the defect. Any further or other claims, in particular claims for damages, are excluded, insofar as liability is not compulsory by law
The guarantee applies only to defects resulting from the proper use of the products. In particular, it does not cover:
1. Improper installation (in particular by unauthorized assembly personnel)
2. Inadequate or improper maintenance
3. Unauthorized alterations or misuse
4. Use of the products in unsuitable environmental conditions (e.g., frost)
5. Other flow media than water
6. Contaminated or highly calcareous water
7. Exceeding the maximum permissible operating pressure of 10 bar or the maximum permissible hot water temperature of 70 ° C
8. Improper handling or transport
9. Cleaning Error
Sanitary fittings are made from different raw materials, which also require different firing temperatures for colored surfaces. Absolute color matching cannot be guaranteed. Color deviations do not entitle the customer to complain.
1. Should individual parts of these warranty provisions be or become legally invalid for any reason, the validity of the other conditions shall remain unaffected.
2. The place of fulfillment for all liabilities resulting from guarantee obligations is A-6060 Hall in Tirol.
Procedure for complaints with consequential damages and claims for damages:
In the case of complaints with consequential damages and claims for damages, the company Schmiedl has to be notified immediately after the immediate remedy of the acute deficiencies (water discharge, floods, etc.), before the initiation and execution of further repair work, so that the damage caused by Schmiedl or appropriate experts Can be assessed. The further repair work may be initiated and carried out only after approval by Gustav Schmiedl, A-6060 Hall in Tyrol, or by authorized experts.